The Old Capitol Building of Iloilo, renamed Casa Real De Iloilo in October 2016, is now considered a National Historical Site by the NHI (National Historical Institute). It is the old edifice fronting the Arroyo Fountain in Iloilo, Philippines.
In February 2009, the provincial government applied to the NHI for the declaration of the old Capitol as a historical site. In early 2010, Joenar Pueblo, the Provincial Tourism Officer, received the confirmation of the marker to be placed at the old Capitol.
The historical site marker was unveiled on April 11, 2010 during the founding day of the province. The former casa real made during the Spanish era was made of wood and stone.
In April 11, 1901, the civil government of the province of Iloilo established the Iloilo Provincial Capitol. Revolutionary General Martin T. Delgado, became the first Governador and served from 1901 to 1904.
In 1942-1945, the Old Capitol Building of Iloilo was used by Japanese forces during the second World War. In the 1960’s some parts of the building were renovated. It was repaired again after the building burned on November 4, 1998.
In 2001, it became the focus in promoting the province of Iloilo.
As a way of measuring distances, The Old Provincial Capitol building serves as the “Kilometer Zero” of Iloilo, comparable to Negros Occidental Capitol Park and Lagoon in Bacolod, Cebu Provincial Capitol in Cebu and in many parts of the country. The main point of distance reference is the Kilometer Zero in Manila, located between Rizal Monument in Luneta Park and Quirino Grandstand.
The Casa Real De Iloilo is located at the city center along General Luna Street and Muelle Loney Street. The new Iloilo Provincial Capitol building is a stone-throw away going west while Museo Iloilo is about 70 meters going northwest.