She was elected Mayor of the Municipality of Guimbal, Iloilo from year 2007 - 2016. And now she takes a seat as Vice-Governor of the Province of Iloilo, winning the 2016 Election.
Youngest child of Oscar Garin and Ninfa Serag-Garin. Sibling to Congressman Richard Garin, Janette Colada and AMBIS-OWA party-list representative Congresswoman Sharon Karen Garin.
A graduate of BS Accountancy (UP Visayas), Masters in Business Administration (Macquarie University, Australia) and Masters in Public Administration (Central Philippine University, Iloilo).
Under her leadership, Guimbal received the following accolades:
- 2010-2011, 2013 National Winner, Hall of Fame Awardee, Most Business Friendly Municipality in the Country
- National Winner 2009 – 2011, Hall of Fame Awardee, Gawad KALASAG, on the implementation of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Programs
- 2015 Apolinario Mabini Award, Country’s Best LGU on the implementation of programs for Persons with Disablity
- 2011 – 2012 The Country’s Most Child Friendly Municipality
She was recognized for:
- 2011 National Finalist, PAG-ASA Award of the Civil Service Commission
- The Country’s 2015 Outstanding Municipal Mayor
- 2015 Outstanding UP Alumni
Link to Vice Governor's Office Page